When it comes to spying on situations in the house or at your business, you have a few different options. You could be blatant and post cameras for everyone to see, or you could try a more subtle approach with a spy mirror. Here are a few aspects to consider when choosing a spy mirror for your needs.
1. Size Matters
One of the biggest reasons that people love using mirrors to hide their cameras behind is because it means they can use a larger camera. A lot of other items that can conceal a camera require a micro camera.
While the micro camera can still function as well as a larger camera, it also often provides a few setbacks. Micro cameras may not offer as clear video or audio quality, for example. They also have limited memory compared to larger cameras.
With a larger camera, you’re also able to capture a wider view of the area. With that in mind, you’ll want a large mirror. The larger the mirror is, the larger your camera can be behind it.
Another important detail to consider is the transparency of your mirror. You don’t want something that clearly doesn’t function well as a mirror. Those who are using it can become suspicious about its actual purpose.
Yet you don’t want it to be too transparent that you can see the camera behind it. That’s definitely a way to alert your employees or your family that they’re being watched. Instead, you need to find a mirror that has a reflective enough surface to function while not giving it away that there’s a camera behind it.
While your camera shouldn’t have a problem with scratches, the mirror might. Especially in the case when the mirror is used frequently, you’re going to need to make sure that the glass if tough or scratch-resistant entirely.
If someone cleans the mirror and ends up scratching it, then you can be sure that any footage you record in the future is going to be marred due to that scratch. It could end up covering or distorting something integral that you need to see.
To ensure you don’t miss a single detail, have your mirror be scratch-resistant.
4. Livestream Capabilities
The spy camera should be able to livestream the footage to your phone or PC. If you’re out of the house and need to know what’s happening as it happens, then a camera that only records for later review isn’t a good choice.
Luckily, there are many spy cameras that come with an application that allows you to view the recording as it happens. If an emergency occurs, then you’ll know instantly, and you can send for help.
One cool aspect of a spy mirror is that if you don’t mind using a mico camera, you could potentially take it with you. For example, you can find a micro camera and mirror for use on a bike.
Whether you ride your bike a lot, you’re a courier, or you want to use your bike to capture footage, you can easily place a bike mirror on the bike with the spy camera attached to the back of it. The mirror will be able to record anything that happens behind you.
This could prove extremely useful if you’re ever in an accident. The camera could prove who was at fault.
6. Large Memory
For cameras that remain stationary behind a mirror at home or at your business, one great benefit that it can provide is a decent memory. You can record for hours without worry.
- Universal multi position mirror
- No tools required
- Mounts almost anywhere on bike
- Clear glass mirror for perfect reflection
- All-angle ball joint holds mirror firmly for 360 degree viewing
- Mirror encased in rugged corrosion resistant brushed stainless steel
- Stainless steel telescoping handle is strong, long and lightweight
- Comfortable textured cushion grip keeps handle secure in wet or oily hands
- Textured cushion grip that resists slipping from oily or wet hands
- All angle ball joint folds mirror head tightly at any angle for perfect viewing
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Ponti, James (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 382 Pages - 03/10/2020 (Publication Date) - Aladdin (Publisher)
- Rhode Island Novelty Spy Look Behind Sunglasses
- One pair per order
- Mirrors on side of inside of lenses
- Fun for kids and adults!
- Ages 3+
- Rear Mirror View Rearview Behind Spy Sunglasses Monitor
- This spy glasses look like an ordinary pair of sun glasses,Yet they have a unique feature
- you can see behind you. The lenses on these spy glasses have a special coating that allows you to look straight ahead and still see what is going on behind you
- Stylish and great for walking and biking. You won't need to turn your head to see if a car is coming. It'll be like you have a rear view mirror with you
- Have you ever thought you were being followed? Now, no one can sneak up behind you. These spy sun glasses make a great novelty gift!
- The Top Secret Spy Glasses are really cool and they work great to secretly see behind you.
- From the front they look like stylish dark sunglasses but they hold a great secret.
- When you are wearing the spy glasses you are able to see behind you because the glasses have built in mirrors on the inside outer edge of the lenses.
- The way they are designed you can easily see where you are going in front you and you can also see behind you with these cool rear view glasses.
- Gralley, Craig (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 238 Pages - 02/26/2019 (Publication Date) - Chrysalis Books, LLC (Publisher)
- We’ve taken the therapeutic and visual performance benefits of our patented Happy Lens and combined them with the superior clarity of digitally mastered High Definition lenses to create the next evolution in eyewear from SPY. Now you can enjoy enhanced color and contrast, improved mood and alertness, and impact resistant distortion-free optics in one kick-ass package. It’s probably the best lens ever.
- Constructed from virtually indestructible Grilamid
- 6-base polycarbonate ARC lenses for increased optical performance
- Smooth and sturdy 5-barrel hinges
- 100% UV protection reduces eye fatigue and long-term sun damage
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Armand Assante, Malcolm McDowell, Rutger Hauer (Actors)
- Vasiliy Chiginskiy (Director) - Oleg Kapanets (Producer)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- Audience Rating: NR (Not Rated)
- Stylish & Unique Design: This spy glasses look like an ordinary pair of sun glasses, yet they have the full view what’s behind your back. You can see if anyone is following you, just like having the eyes in the back of your head.
- Specific Material: The lenses on these spy glasses have a special coating that allows you to look straight ahead and still see what is going on behind you.
- Perfect Gift for Kids: These spy sunglasses make a great gift! Rear-view with mirrors inside of the lenses, the kids will have lots of fun seeing what’s behind them in the party.
- Rear View Mirror: It's great for walking and biking. You won't need to turn your head to see if a car is coming. Have you ever thought you were being followed? Now, no one can sneak up behind you.
- Novelty Spy Gadgets: Perfect for some fun games, or as a surprising gag toy. If you really like spy games, then RFWIN rearview glasses will be a good choice.